[kde-community] Proposals for dealing with bad behavior

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 20:44:02 BST 2013

On Thursday 08 August 2013 12:48:48 Thomas Zander wrote:
> I have no idea how I ended up on the mailinglist,
If you've read the e.V. list you'd know that there was a vote at Akademy to
subscribe all e.V. list members to the community mailing list to facilitate
moving our discussions there.

> but since I am I'll just
> comment in private. The document looks to strike the tone that IMO makes
> sense. The wording in some paragraphs may need clarification, but nothing
> major. (well, the last part mentioning we have 4 principles may qualify).

Thanks!

> I think if this was in place during my koffice times, I expect it would not
> have gotten to a split like it did. Some not-aceptable behaviour generated
> talks with people (not me ;)  that were marked as "horrible" by cwg
> members, as such giving them some 'teeth' would be great.  Accountability
> is required, as you know, but accountability without repurcussions is
> useless.

Yeap. And yes, I think it would've been helpful 'back in the day'. It's
unfortunate it took us so long (and it still wouldn't have happened if I had
not initiated it, very much based on my experiences in openSUSE).

> I'm gonna figure out how to unsubscribe from the list now. Have a nice day!
> :)
Same to you. But do note that the e.V. list should become a lot more quiet now
we can discuss much if not most in public. Votes will still be brought to that
list but the discussion will happen in public.