[kde-community] Tupi: Open 2D Magic

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jun 24 15:39:36 BST 2013

No, the license is everybodies concern. If you want to share code from
tupi with, for instance, Krita, the license has to be (L)GPLv2+, or
compatible. Your license is your interface to the rest of the floss
community.

But in fact, if you didn't have a clear (written, email is ok) OK from all
previous developers as well as Monica (if they are copyright holders of
code currently in Tupi) to relicense to GPLv3, then you're already in deep
problems with your codebase.

Only if you have written all the code, every line, yourself, you can
change the license to whatever you want, including dual or triple
licensing.