[kde-community] Tupi: Open 2D Magic

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 14:34:52 BST 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Gustav González <xtingray at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> My name is Gustav Gonzalez, and currently I'm the leader and the only
> developer
> of Tupi, a (vector) 2D animation tool based on an abandoned project called
> KTooN.
>
> Tupi [1] is developed using Qt (4.8) and is covered under the terms of the
> GPLv3
> license.
>
> I would like my project to join the KDE community so I was talking to Lydia
> Pintscher
> and she asked me to send a message to this list and introduce myself.
>
> So... what do you think guys? is Tupi cool enough to be part of the KDE
> universe?
>
> Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me :)
>
> [1] http://maefloresta.com
>
> --
> ============================
>   Gustav Gonzalez
>   xtingray at gmail.com
> ============================

Definitely cool enough.

I think that this project could be coordinated with Krita. There seems
to be compatibility in some aspects, but not much overlap.

I have shown Krita at Linux expos. With just a little practice, a
young artist was completely taken for a long time drawing with Krita.
Tupi looks like it would provide a similar experience.

Good videos! The Latinoware video uses maddog Hall's voice. What an
outstanding advocate.

Thumbs up!

Carl