D26752: ECMAddAppIcon: Do not warn about mac and window icons if isnt a OS specific build

patrick j pereira noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 19 22:57:19 GMT 2020

patrickelectric added a comment.

  Hi @cgiboudeaux and @bcooksley, there is a reason of why this patch is valid. Have you read the commit message ?

  In #kirogi <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/kirogi/> we provide a valid icon (svg) with a valid prefix (sc), as you probably know *sc* stands for for scalable (SVG) files.

  As I said in the commit body, "KSVG2ICNS will not exist if the program is not being compiled to APPLE"
  You'll probably say: "Well, so the developer should install this program."
  Nops, if you take a look in **kiconthemes**: https://github.com/KDE/kiconthemes/blob/3e668c7fba9fda7469a75247e0926530cdd1eb29/src/CMakeLists.txt#L3
  You'll see that KDE only provides such binary if APPLE is true.
  Why such binary is important ? As you can see in **ECMAddAppIcon**: https://github.com/KDE/extra-cmake-modules/blob/master/modules/ECMAddAppIcon.cmake#L117
  There is a **APPLE** check to convert the SVG binaries to mac valid icons.
  Well, if **KSVG2ICNS** is only build to APPLE.
  **ECMAddAppIcon** only looks for **KSVG2ICNS** with **APPLE**.
  Why should **ECMAddAppIcon** provide such warning if KDE **ECM** and**kiconthemes** only do such thing for APPLE ?
  There is no logic reason for this warning if everything else only works with **APPLE**.
  If the developer wants to cross build for **APPLE** he should set **APPLE** and build everything to **APPLE**, this warning is still not valid with the logic present in this comment.
  I did point using the code and the workflow of the ECM files why this patch is valid, please provide the same thing if not.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D26752