D16894: [ECM] use a macro to add compiler flags conditionally

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 31 12:13:02 GMT 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   There are tests for other ECM modules in the **tests** subdir.

  That's not the expected answer, so let me rephrase: which existing test can I clone and adapt (which is about the only thing I know how to do in this domain)?

  I'm going to need a hand here if not only because the only kind of testing that makes sense to me is checking manually with a selection of the compilers you happen to have installed. Anything automatic I can think of would not be able to do much more than taking the resulting CMAKE_??_FLAGS variable and check if the compiler indeed accepts all the arguments. That's basically just repeating the same tests already performed in the macro you're supposed to be testing and thus as much (if not more) a test of the input logic (the conditional expression(s)) as of the macro.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16894