D18547: Don't enable -Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant on apple clang

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 27 21:04:38 GMT 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  > like René says, this is quite surprising

  Hmmm, did I say exactly that? :)

  The surpising bit is that this hasn't been an issue for much longer although maybe even that is not so surprising.

  I continue to think that the check is not reliable as is. For instance, on my 10.9.5 system:

    > /usr/bin/clang --version
    Apple LLVM version 6.0 (clang-600.0.57) (based on LLVM 3.5svn)
    Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0
    Thread model: posix

  this compiler version does NOT support the flag in question here, as evident from the corresponding stock version (3.5). Later Apple clang versions no longer show the equivalence info but continue to use a versioning that is ahead of stock version numbers.
  This particular version is reported by CMake as `AppleClang 6.0.0.6000057` on the terminal, and `CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_VERSION "6.0.0.6000057"` internally, iow, "not less than 5.0.0" ...

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D18547