ECM tests not run by CI (Re: KDE Frameworks 5.55.0)

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Feb 10 04:11:47 GMT 2019

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 2:13 AM David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> On samedi 9 février 2019 13:48:59 CET David Faure wrote:
> > On samedi 9 février 2019 11:25:20 CET Rik Mills wrote:
> > > I note that the KDE CI does not seem to run the tests at all?
> >
> > Indeed. I looked into it, and here's the reason why:
> >
> > [ci-tooling repo]
> > commit 45ff1bc4ecb18ad71ad0570f7e838d1ae7cab2e2
> > Author: Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org>
> > Date:   Wed Sep 27 22:04:05 2017 +1300
> >
> >     Revoke test execution for extra-cmake-modules across all platforms.
> >     The tests in their current condition are incompatible with being run
> > prior to installation
>
> Ben, does that mean a simple solution would be to apply the "make install
> before running tests" principle to ECM, like we used to do (before I asked you
> to change it for all frameworks, not thinking about the ECM special case), and
> like we still do for applications (I think)?

ECM originally worked fine with tests-before-install but broke when
the ECMToolchainAndroidTest was introduced.
It fails with the following (according to mails at the time anyway):

+ python3 -u ci-tooling/helpers/install-build.py --product Frameworks
--project extra-cmake-modules --branchGroup kf5-qt5 --platform
XenialQt5.7 --installTo /home/jenkins/install-prefix/ --divertTo
/home/jenkins/workspace/Frameworks extra-cmake-modules kf5-qt5
XenialQt5.7/install-divert/
tests/ECMToolchainAndroidTest/CMakeFiles/dummy.dir/build.make:52:
CMakeFiles/dummy.dir/depend.make: No such file or directory
tests/ECMToolchainAndroidTest/CMakeFiles/dummy.dir/build.make:55:
CMakeFiles/dummy.dir/progress.make: No such file or directory
tests/ECMToolchainAndroidTest/CMakeFiles/dummy.dir/build.make:58:
CMakeFiles/dummy.dir/flags.make: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'CMakeFiles/dummy.dir/flags.make'. Stop.
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:205: recipe for target
'tests/ECMToolchainAndroidTest/CMakeFiles/dummy.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [tests/ECMToolchainAndroidTest/CMakeFiles/dummy.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

In theory we could change the system to do ECM tests after the install
phase though yes (would need infrastructural changes in the CI tooling
to support project specific pipelines, but that shouldn't be too
complex)

> --
> David Faure, faure at kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
> Working on KDE Frameworks 5