ECM tests not run by CI (Re: KDE Frameworks 5.55.0)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Feb 9 13:13:34 GMT 2019

On samedi 9 février 2019 13:48:59 CET David Faure wrote:
> On samedi 9 février 2019 11:25:20 CET Rik Mills wrote:
> > I note that the KDE CI does not seem to run the tests at all?
>
> Indeed. I looked into it, and here's the reason why:
>
> [ci-tooling repo]
> commit 45ff1bc4ecb18ad71ad0570f7e838d1ae7cab2e2
> Author: Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org>
> Date:   Wed Sep 27 22:04:05 2017 +1300
>
>     Revoke test execution for extra-cmake-modules across all platforms.
>     The tests in their current condition are incompatible with being run
> prior to installation

Ben, does that mean a simple solution would be to apply the "make install
before running tests" principle to ECM, like we used to do (before I asked you
to change it for all frameworks, not thinking about the ECM special case), and
like we still do for applications (I think)?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5