D15070: Bindings: Query the install directory from python

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 1 00:26:47 BST 2018

bruns added a comment.

  If you can change PYTHONPATH for execution, why can't you specify GPB_PYTHONx_SITEARCH?

  I would expect if I do not specify a path manually, it should be installed in the default location. This btw. **does** honor PREFIX/EXEC_PREFIX, see https://docs.python.org/3/distutils/apiref.html#module-distutils.sysconfig
  Currently the system default location is not used, and it is not even possible to force the correct location in general (mixture of variables and hardcoded parts).

  The default location is also correctly determined if you use e.g. virtualenv.

  The canonical path for python user installations is `~/.local/lib/python<major>.<minor>/site-packages/` which would imply a CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX of `~/.local/`. See also PEP370, https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0370/.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15070