[Differential] [Commented On] D4510: Python bindings: Restore handling of deprecated constructs.

Shaheed Haque noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 12 21:09:01 UTC 2017

shaheed added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> skelly wrote in sip_generator.py:172
> It was possible to handle exports without looking for the text EXPORT in the MACRO NAME. Why is deprecated different?

Because the expansion of the attribute in this case contains not a string, but a compiler reserved value

  __deprecated__

in the case of clang. I am not aware of a portable way to know what the expansion is, so the choice was between a string compare of the clang spelling, or the original. The latter seemed somewhat more reliable to me. IIRC, my original code did the same for the EXPORT stuff (I know you changed it and to be honest, I think that was suboptimal for the same reason, but at least the text appears as "hidden" not an opaque reserved value).

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D4510