[Differential] [Reopened] D3850: Pass -fno-operator-names when supported

Thomas Posch noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 12 19:14:40 UTC 2017

thomasp reopened this revision.
thomasp added a comment.

  Alternative tokens [lex.digraph] are standard c++ and have been since it's was standardized (and I don't know of any plan to deprecate them). They are a accessibility feature, since not every keyboard has those keys.
  Disabling operator names makes it impossible to include a header file which uses them in an template, inline or constexpr function. Since it is also not possible to re-enable operator names in icc and clang this seems less like a 'discouragement' than a force.
  Making three(!) compilers diverge from the standard and forcing users of ECM to diverge too because MSVC needs a switch to follow the standard is in my opinion a bad idea.
  A standards conformant compiler is a requirement for portability, not a limit.

  Please reconsider.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL