D9299: Introduce INSTALL_PREFIX_SCRIPT to easily set up prefixes

Christophe Giboudeaux noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Dec 12 16:37:37 UTC 2017

cgiboudeaux added a comment.

  +1. Please add the missing documentation about this new option.

INLINE COMMENTS

> apol wrote in KDEInstallDirs.cmake:700-704
> Usually isn't necessary as you get the libraries through the rpath. I can add it though.

It won't harm and solve potential issues if for any reason the rpath is removed

> apol wrote in KDEInstallDirs.cmake:707
> I wouldn't expect distros to pick this up, distros usually operate exclusively on /usr. If for some reason they did, they can always get this file in from a separate package that only installs this file.
>
> It's the right location though, because all projects in the same prefix will need this variables in the same way.

Allright. just add the PERMISSIONS keyword to make it executable.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9299