extra-cmake-modules and FindPythonModuleGeneration

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Nov 5 10:01:14 UTC 2016

Problem 1: "make test" now requires cmake 3.3, which the CI doesn't have (it has 3.2.2)
https://build.kde.org/view/Frameworks%20kf5-qt5/job/extra-cmake-modules%20master%20kf5-qt5/36/PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/testReport/junit/(root)/TestSuite/GenerateSipBindings/
What is required, from cmake 3.3?

Problem 2: on my own machine I get "Could not find libclang version 3.8"
even though I have /usr/lib64/libclang.so pointing to libclang.so.3.8

The problem is that FindPythonModuleGeneration.cmake says
   find_library(libclang_LIBRARY clang-3.${_LIBCLANG3_FIND_VERSION})
so it's expecting a libclang-3.8.so ? That's not the way it appears to be named on OpenSUSE.

I tried to fix that with (before the rest of the libclang-related code)
+if (NOT libclang_LIBRARY)
+  find_library(libclang_LIBRARY clang)
+endif()
and that works, but of course no version checks there.
Still, can I commit that?

Problem 3: It requires PyQt.
Can we make "make test" skip the test, rather than fail, if PyQt
isn't installed? Maybe like in the attached patch?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5