Severe behavioural change regressions in release branch

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Oct 24 20:28:08 UTC 2014

On Friday, October 24, 2014 18:44:32 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > It would appear that CMake 3.0 to 3.1 introduces a colossal change in
> > behaviour. This change totally breaks all KDE projects which use
> > Extra-CMake-Modules, as necessary headers are no longer installed.
> >
> > This has become an issue following http://build.kde.org/job/cmake/160/
> > which has led to a significant number of our projects failing to build
> > from source as can be seen here -
> > http://build.kde.org/view/Frameworks/
>
> Is build.kde.org now using the release branch of cmake.git instead of the
> next branch? When/why did that change?

I didn't know that, but it's good.
It is not a good idea to test two items at the same time.

If you want to make sure KDE builds, then set up a build using the minimum
required cmake version, i.e. KDE git and a cmake release.
If you want to make sure cmake stilll works, then set up a build with cmake
git and the most recent released version of KDE, i.e. a KDE release and cmake
git.