ECM uninstall target

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Thu Mar 13 12:20:29 UTC 2014

On 13/03/14 11:40, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Alex Merry <alex.merry at kde.org
> <mailto:alex.merry at kde.org>> wrote:
>
> > On 13/03/14 09:01, Harald Sitter wrote:
> > > alohas,
> > >
> > > I just ported phonon/five to ECM and noticed that apparently ECM does
> > > not have an include or something to introduce an uninstall target.
> > >
> > > Are there plans to introduce such a thing or am I simply blind and not
> > > seeing the already existing include?
> >
> > I had no particular plans to do so, particularly as it's trivially easy
> > to uninstall it manually: just remove $PREFIX/share/ECM.
>
> I think he means uninstalling projects based on ECM.
>
> Personally, I've missed it too. You can hack it around by "cat
> install_manifest.txt | xargs rm", but a proper solution like we have in
> KDE4 is missing.

Oh, I see, sorry.  If there is demand for it, it seems perfectly
reasonable to provide a module that implements
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Can_I_do_.22make_uninstall.22_with_CMake.3F
(this is what kdelibs4 did).  Note that the effect is identical to
passing the contents of install_manifest.txt to rm.

What would be nice would be to also provide a way to execute arbitrary
commands on uninstall, similar to install(CODE).