C standard

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Tue Jan 28 19:44:49 UTC 2014

On 28/01/14 19:13, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On terça-feira, 28 de janeiro de 2014 17:03:31, Alex Merry wrote:
>> Bear in mind that our minimum GCC version (4.2) does not completely
>> support this standard.
>
> Since Qt requires 4.4/4.5 (except for OS X), how come KDE can have a minimum
> of 4.2?

I imagine it was set before Qt's requirement was raised (which may have
been before depending on Qt 5).

Is Qt's minimum compiler version documented anywhere?  I can find a list
of supported compilers for Windows at [0], but [1] has no corresponding
list for Linux, and even skimming the configure script is unenlightening.

[0]: https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/windows-requirements.html
[1]: https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/linux-requirements.html