Review Request 114897: Make KDE_ENABLE_EXCEPTIONS a list

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Tue Jan 7 18:30:13 UTC 2014

On 07/01/14 18:00, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Alex Merry wrote:
>
>> Hrm.  After some investigation: I'm not entirely sure.  The simplest
>> answer is "that's what qmake does"
>
> Please tell me you noticed that I asked about -U, not -D ...

Yes.  qmake actually doesn't use -U directly; it simply sets
-DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS if you do CONFIG+=exceptions_off, and does not set it
otherwise.  -U is something of a hack to override -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS
that we set by default.

I'm not certain what the "right" thing to do here is.  Arguably, we
should always set -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS (at least for frameworks) so that
we can be sure they build when Qt has exceptions disabled.

Either way, I'm really not convinced qmake does the right thing, as I
think QT_NO_EXCEPTIONS should really be defined if and only if the Qt
library itself was compiled with exceptions disabled.