debugfull & clang/ccache

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jul 16 09:30:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> the handling of CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull in FindKDE4Internal.cmake is
> guarded by `if (CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX)` so it won't work if you use
> clang.
> It gets worse if you use ccache as well, i.e. via

Hmm, interesting, I just noticed that Debian seems to have dropped support
for Debugfull completely, only 1 reference in the file and that is in a
comment.

I'd say an "OR CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID MATCHES 'clang'" should be sufficient,
the cmake manual hints towards the compiler id being set to 'clang' (in a
more or less unrelated part, but the other mentioned id's match whats in
that variable on the corresponding compilers). So the line should be

if (CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX OR CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID MATCHES 'clang' )

export CC="ccache /usr/bin/clang -Qunused-arguments"
> export CXX="ccache /usr/bin/clang++ -Qunused-arguments"
>
> Then probably cmake won't even figure out I'm actually using clang, no?

At least with gcc this is not an issue and I'd expect this to be not an
issue with clang either since CMake runs the compile with --version or
something like that to find out what compiler it has. Unless of course you
use the CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER variable.

Andreas