Testing file offset bits?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Feb 16 08:48:56 UTC 2013

On Saturday 16 February 2013, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
>     -some compiler flags tweaking
>
>     -reenable the test for visibility in Qt
>     -reenable the test for FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 (... there may be maybe some
> embedded systems where this is not the case ?)
>

> Do you have any reason to think this is needed? The maybe is pretty strong
> in this sentence :).

First, there was probably a reason why this check was added, so just to be
sure I enabled it again (it has always been enabled in
FindKDE4Internal.cmake), it was only disabled in e-c-m.

And, since kf5 libs may be used now independent from the rest of KDE, it may
be possible that some small library may be used on some weird platform, where
things are different.
So better test for it to make sure.