Problems with ECM / FindKDE4Internal and plasma-framework

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Feb 7 18:04:57 UTC 2013

On Thursday 07 February 2013, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > OTOH, AFAIK currently at least I am not aware of what the official way of
> > using the frameworks branch of kdelibs is.
> >
> > Do we have an official way ?
>
> When I built a bunch of kde repos using kf5, I think I used this hack:
>
>  # HACK: find the KDE4 cmake modules
>  find_path(KDE_MODULES_DIR NAMES KDE4Macros.cmake PATH_SUFFIXES
> share/cmake/modules)
>  if(KDE_MODULES_DIR)
>    message(STATUS "HACK:found the frameworks module dir
> (${KDE_MODULES_DIR}). Remove when possible.")
>    set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH} ${KDE_MODULES_DIR})
>  else()
>    message(FATAL_ERROR "KDE modules dir not found. Did you build kdelibs
> frameworks ?")
>  endif()
>
>  find_package(Qt5Transitional REQUIRED)
>  find_package(KF5Transitional REQUIRED)
>

> I don't know if it predates kde4-config being renamed kde5-config. The hack
> was fine because we don't have an official way to use the installed kf5
> yet. I also don't think we should rush into it until we have a newer
> cmake. It might make sense to come up with a better hack though. I can
> look into that.

for using the tier1/ libs the following should do:

find_package(ECM 0.0.6 REQUIRED NO_MODULE)

find_package(Qt5 ... )

find_package(kdeqt5staging  REQUIRED NO_MODULE CMake Compiler InstallDirs

find_package(KF5 REQUIRED MODULE CMake Compiler InstallDirs
                                 kcodecs karchive itemmodels ...)

and then use the resulting variables.
I will look into this tonight.