Problems with ECM / FindKDE4Internal and plasma-framework

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 17:51:49 UTC 2013

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> OTOH, AFAIK currently at least I am not aware of what the official way of
> using the frameworks branch of kdelibs is.
>
> Do we have an official way ?

When I built a bunch of kde repos using kf5, I think I used this hack:

 # HACK: find the KDE4 cmake modules
 find_path(KDE_MODULES_DIR NAMES KDE4Macros.cmake PATH_SUFFIXES
share/cmake/modules)
 if(KDE_MODULES_DIR)
   message(STATUS "HACK:found the frameworks module dir
(${KDE_MODULES_DIR}). Remove when possible.")
   set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH} ${KDE_MODULES_DIR})
 else()
   message(FATAL_ERROR "KDE modules dir not found. Did you build kdelibs
frameworks ?")
 endif()

 find_package(Qt5Transitional REQUIRED)
 find_package(KF5Transitional REQUIRED)

I don't know if it predates kde4-config being renamed kde5-config. The hack
was fine because we don't have an official way to use the installed kf5 yet.
I also don't think we should rush into it until we have a newer cmake. It
might make sense to come up with a better hack though. I can look into that.

Thanks,

Steve.