ECM for KDE SC 4.10?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Sep 5 17:29:38 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 04 September 2012, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Monday 03 September 2012 11:19:01 PM Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El Dilluns, 3 de setembre de 2012, a les 17:12:07, Allen Winter va
escriure:

> > > Whichever version is the minimum needed for building frameworks using
> > > ECM then. Timeframe?  whenever you want
> >
> > Before the dependency freeze ;-)
>
> Righto
>
> And those of us not working on frameworks can start using ECM with CMake
> 2.8.8 too, right? I mean, use ECM to build KDE SC 4.10.  and stop using
> kdelibs/cmake entirely. Will that work?

No.
Our plan is to release the first version of e-c-m once the first version (or
beta or something) of kf5 is released, and until then usually require the
newest cmake version (i.e. 2.8.9 currently).

Getting stuff in e-c-m is the chance for SIC changes, and we cannot do this as
long as we are in kdelibs4 land.