Automoc issue with cmake

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sun Nov 18 10:25:43 UTC 2012

> Would that help ?
> If the package would be installed to the prefix /usr/, but /usr/lib/ was a
> symlink to /lib64/, there would be the same problem I think.

Fair enough.

the idea is that the Config.cmake file knows where the needed files are, so
> it
> doesn't actually have to search.
>
> Using absolute paths is bad, because then the package can't be relocated.
> At
> least under Windows and OSX this is absolutely necessary.
> So relative paths are used.
>
> When using cmake 2.8.8 or newer, the macro configure_package_config_file()
> should be used for creating those Config.cmake files.
> They would still fail, but at least they would give a better error message,
> which would have been
> Automoc4Config.cmake: "File or directory /bin/automoc4 referenced by
> variable
> AUTOMOC4_EXECUTABLE does not exist !"

In my opinion, we cannot lose potential contributors, so this should be
fixed centrally. Currently, people would need to apply a symlink workaround
to be able to contribute to such KDE projects where it applies (i.e. not qt
only projects).

Couldn't the PATH search be a fallback if nothing else works? Do you have a
better approach to fix this issue centrally and aid the KDE contribution?

Laszlo