Automoc issue with cmake

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Nov 18 10:15:38 UTC 2012

On Saturday 17 November 2012, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> Can we make the automoc4 executable finding smarter? It is not actually an
> Arch issue, but at least certain Arch and KDE contributors would be
> potentially happier.

the idea is that the Config.cmake file knows where the needed files are, so it
doesn't actually have to search.

Using absolute paths is bad, because then the package can't be relocated. At
least under Windows and OSX this is absolutely necessary.
So relative paths are used.

When using cmake 2.8.8 or newer, the macro configure_package_config_file()
should be used for creating those Config.cmake files.
They would still fail, but at least they would give a better error message,
which would have been
Automoc4Config.cmake: "File or directory /bin/automoc4 referenced by variable
AUTOMOC4_EXECUTABLE does not exist !"