[Digikam-devel] docbook cannot be compiled because FindDocBookXML.cmake is missing

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Mar 30 07:06:45 UTC 2012

On 28.03.12 11:42:02, Ananta Palani wrote:
> Is there a reason that FindDocBookXML.cmake and FindDocBookXSL.cmake are
> not installed by kdelibs? I am told that anything not installed is used
> internally by kdelibs during build, but I am curious why these need to be
> internal only.

Because installing such files means having to keep them source
compatible over time. So if the person writing them is unsure about
their quality or simply wants the option to change it later on he'll not
install it.

Besides kdelibs is not a 'dumping ground' for useful cmake files,
there's cmake-extra-modules or cmake itself where such things should be
added.

Andreas