Questions about cross compiling for ARM / CMake issues

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Feb 27 14:44:38 UTC 2012

On 27.02.12 15:22:18, Samuel Stirtzel wrote:
> 2012/2/27 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> > On 27.02.12 14:53:33, Samuel Stirtzel wrote:
> >> Thanks for your answer.
> >>
> >> Here the complete line with verbose=1: http://pastebin.com/EebmCiN2
> >
> > Ok, so the absolute path to kdecore&Co is wrong. Hmm, makes me wonder
> > wether kdelibs supports cross-compilation at all...
>
> IMHO it is between supporting cross compiling and not supporting it
> (aka. there is something but it won't work out of the box).
>
> >> From what I discovered, it is likely that
> >> KDELibs4LibraryTargets-relwithdebinfo.cmake could be responsible, but
> >> where is this file created?
> >
> > Thats generated as part of the kdelbis build, I believe by cmake (look
> > for install(EXPORT...) lines). Which cmake version are you using?
>
> CMake version 2.8.5

You could try with a more recent version of CMake, i.e. 2.8.7. At least
the release changelog for 2.8.7 has various cross-compiling related
entryies.

Hmm, do you have multiple of these targets-files installed on your
system? Maybe your build picks up the wrong one hence gets the wrong
paths? The KDELibs4LibraryTargets.cmake file should be used in
FindKDE4Internal.cmake to setup the imported targets, add some message()
calls there to see which one is being picked up.

Andreas