hidden visibility

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 19 23:09:15 UTC 2012

Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> writes:

> For what it's worth, I don't think we should have code in ecm which appears
> to work with older compilers unless we actually test it. None of us (I
> presume?) are still using GCC 4.1 or 4.2 and want to use 'the KDE compiler
> settings' with it.
>
> If in the future someone comes along who wants to have that stuff built into
> ECM/KDE settings, they should commit to maintaining it and it can be added
> then, no? Otherwise it's just dead untested code.

FWIW, FreeBSD (and OS X, and perhaps other BSD flavours) are still on
gcc 4.2.1 (there's work towards making clang the default compiler on
FreeBSD, but that's another story), so it'd be good to have at least gcc
4.2 supported -- is that too much of a burden? I could help test things
on it if it's needed.