hidden visibility

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Feb 18 22:51:36 UTC 2012

On Friday 17 February 2012 18:31:58 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> I'm not quite sure in the code above in which cases there is a "bad
> allocator", and whether "-Werror=return-type -fvisibility-inlines-hidden" is
> something everybody should do or not.

-Werror=return-type is completely unrelated. It has been moved there because
this is inside  if (GCC_IS_NEWER_THAN_4_2), and this flag didn't exist before
4.2. See commit 66027ca3a94848246eef2618a342ddc6ece0a00c.

Bad allocator is probably about old versions of gcc too. I would think we can
drop all these "old gcc" hacks in frameworks.

I don't know about -fvisibility-inlines-hidden.