Strange commit to FindKDE4Internal.cmake

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Fri Feb 17 16:48:37 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:

> A library must never install the Find-module for itself.
>
> This defeats the purpose. This is like putting the remote control right next
> to the TV, or the treasure map right into the treasure chest. You don't know
> where the plan is, but once you found the plan, you already found what you are
> interested in and don't need the plan anymore.

Let me disagree.

If I am developing an application which depends on a library, and that
application may be built on several platforms, I will need a
FindLibFoo.cmake.

If libfoo makes FindLibFoo.cmake available (for instance as part of
the libfoo-dev package), then I only need to copy it to my "cmake"
directory.

If libfoo does not make FindLibFoo.cmake available, I will need to go
and look for it somewhere else: Google it? Look for FindLibFoo.cmake
at some other project's "cmake" directory?

It looks like you are recommending the latter. Could you please
explain why? It does not make sense to me.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org