Simple script to patch kdelibs frameworks CMakeLists.txt

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Aug 24 05:31:37 UTC 2012

On Friday 24 August 2012 00:11:17 David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 23 August 2012 22:27:50 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Tuesday 14 August 2012 22:29:22 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > attached is a simple ruby script to update some (currently two) settings
> > > in
> > > the CMakeLists.txt of the kdelibs frameworks branch.
> > >
> > > It currently has two options:
> > >
> > > patchkf5cmake --ecm-version 0.0.5 : set the required e-c-m version
> > > patchkf5cmake --cmake-version 2.8.9 : set the required CMake version
> >
> > Ah excellent! :-)
> >
> > > More can be added.
> > > Should I put this somewhere in git/svn ?
> >
> > Yes definitely. The question is "where" though... I wonder if we'll get
> > more such maintainer tools for our frameworks, in which case we could
> > start a new repository right away.
> >
> > In fact, I might have a couple more tools in mind later on. Mainly running
> > some sanity checks and QA metrics on the frameworks... Any idea for a name
> > to such a repository? "frameworks-scripts"? "frameworks-maintainers"?
>
> That's what the existing "quality" repo is for, IMHO. The one where krazy2
> lives. svn+ssh://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/quality
>
> On the other hand patchkf5cmake is not quality checking or metrics,

Right. Comes from the name being a bit too restrictive ("quality"), that's why
I was leaning toward a "maintainers" naming instead which is more all
encompassing.

BTW, it's not in svn anymore it became websites/quality-kde-org in git, so
definitely oriented toward publishing the results.

> so I'd put it in ECM itself.

Well, it's kind of very KDE Frameworks specific, not sure it has its place in
ECM.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net