Why do phonon and kdelibs use their own FindQt4.cmake ?

Romain Perier bambi at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 9 14:38:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

I don't understand something, why do phonon and kdelibs use their own
FindQt4.cmake instead of the one provided by cmake ?
There is probably a good reason, but I don't understand why.

In fact phonon uses FindQt4.cmake from cmake (cmake-2.8) and not the one
installed in prefix/phonon/buildsystem. This one conflicts with the one
from kdelibs in some cases, so I realized that several findQt4.cmake
were installed on the system.
Trever Fischer and Nicolas Alvarez suggested me to ask to Alex Neundorf
(who is not on IRC).

PS: I don't say that's wrong, I just say I don't understand :)

Thanks for your time,
Regards,
Romain.