Issue with cmake 2.8.6 & set_source_files_properties

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Nov 14 22:18:55 UTC 2011

On 14.11.11 21:00:44, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 14 November 2011, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 14.11.11 12:08:59, Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
> > > That won't be needed it seems. I've just looked at cmake git. The
> > > NO_NAMESPACE and INCLUDE parameters in the QT4_ADD_DBUS_INTERFACE macro
> > > now exist in cmake master but not in any tag.
> >
> > If I recall the release procedure with cmake correctly that means its
> > going to be in 2.8.8 - unless you also find the commits in 'next' too.
>
> What is master now will become 2.8.7.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

> > So once 2.8.8 (or 2.8.7) is released you could then require it in
> > Akonadi via cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.7) and everybody with
> > older cmake will get an error trying to build akonadi. Wether that'll
> > make your users very happy is a different story though ;)
>
> Akonadi is a hard dependency of KDE, right ?

No, since there's no such thing as "KDE" (unless you really mean the
community). Its also not a requirement for kdelibs at this point afaik,
but it is a requirement for kdepimlibs and the rest of the stack.

> This would (for those who build everything from sources) make KDE required
> cmake 2.8.7.
> I wouldn't do this before let's say next spring, March or April or so,
> so that users and distros have some time to update.

I agree with that though, possibly wait even longer than that, since
distro release cycle may make it necessary to wait up to 6 months before
people get to a 2.8.7 cmake release.

Andreas