KDE 4.7 Beta1 (4.6.80) tarballs uploaded (try#1)

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Wed May 25 11:17:35 CEST 2011

On Tue, 24 May 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Sunday 22 May 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, this is of no use for us packagers because we are banned
>>> by policy (and at least in Fedora, this is enforced by the build system)
>>> from downloading stuff during build. We can only work from tarballs. (If
>>> we want to package a snapshot, we have to check it out, tar it, then
>>> package the resulting tarball.)
>>
>> I'll see whether I can do something for this.
>>
>> Alex
>
> Looks good :-)
> I have here now a CMakeLists.txt for kdesupport, which downloads everything
> from git and builds it.
> But on "make package", it creates basically a package of the downloaded
> sources together with a matching CMakeLists.txt (which then doesn't download,
> but just uses the already present sources).
> I.e.
> you could do "cmake <srcdir>" , then "make package" (or maybe some custom
> target), and then you'd have a tgz of kdesupport which you can unpack and
> build anywhere.
> Would that help your case ?
>
> Alex

Hi Alex

Absolutely!

I have no issues with creating a comprehensive tarball myself. In
fact, if this allows me to build a single monolithic kdesupport
package again, then you provide what I need.

The resulting kdesupport source tarball will then of course also be
available to other interested parties, since Slackware (and/or my own
test repository) will provide this source tarball along with the
binary Slackware package.

I think it would be awesome if this should be repeated for the other
tarballs which got split (kdeedu, and I think kdebase too but I have
not yet looked closer).

Cheers, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers <alien at slackware.com>