KDE 4.7 Beta1 (4.6.80) tarballs uploaded (try#1)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue May 24 23:16:51 CEST 2011

On Sunday 22 May 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 22 May 2011, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > On Sunday 22 May 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > So, what I'm doing right now for kdesupport is to create one
> > > CMakeLists.txt, which contains all the contained projects (automoc4,
> > > phonon, attica, akonadi, ...) via the externalproject()-feature from
> > > CMake.
> > > What it does, is it gets and updates all the sources from git,
> > > configures, builds and installs them.
> > > So it feels almost like it did before.
> >
> > Unfortunately, this is of no use for us packagers because we are banned
> > by policy (and at least in Fedora, this is enforced by the build system)
> > from downloading stuff during build. We can only work from tarballs. (If
> > we want to package a snapshot, we have to check it out, tar it, then
> > package the resulting tarball.)
>
> I'll see whether I can do something for this.
>
> Alex

Looks good :-)
I have here now a CMakeLists.txt for kdesupport, which downloads everything
from git and builds it.
But on "make package", it creates basically a package of the downloaded
sources together with a matching CMakeLists.txt (which then doesn't download,
but just uses the already present sources).
I.e.
you could do "cmake <srcdir>" , then "make package" (or maybe some custom
target), and then you'd have a tgz of kdesupport which you can unpack and
build anywhere.
Would that help your case ?