openssl cmake module

matthias sweertvaegher matthias.sweertvaegher at gmail.com
Wed May 4 22:37:56 CEST 2011

hi Alex,
thanks for your patience ;)

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:

>> > yes, I realize.. :) thanks for looking into the issue, Alex; and
>> > thanks for reminding me Raphael ;)
>> >
>> > I have briefly taken a look but I run into trouble when running cmake
>> > (after upgrading my cmake from 2.8.1 to 2.8.4), so I need more time to
>> > investigate. I report back to you next week with more info. I am still
>> > on kde 4.4.4 here, so I might have to upgrade kde as well, i guess.
>> >
>> > cheers
>> > matthias
>>
>> I have tested with the 2.8.4 version of FindOpenSSL.cmake and it
>> works, but did you want me to downgrade to cmake 2.6.4 somehow? That
>
> KDE requires CMake 2.6.4.
> So, you replaced the FindOpenSSL.cmake in kdelibs/cmake/modules/ with the one
> from CMake 2.8.4, right ?

yes (i'll add the command to avoid confusion):
# cp /home/mattie/programs/cmake-2.8.4/Modules/FindOpenSSL.cmake
/usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindOpenSSL.cmake

> Which version of CMake did you use ?
> It must be tested with CMake 2.6.4.
> You can get it simply from here:
> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.6/cmake-2.6.4-Linux-i386.tar.gz
> unpack it e.g. into /opt/, and then use this cmake by calling it with its full
> path on a fresh build tree.

ok, I downloaded the 2.6.4. when you invoke the right binary, it
automatically uses the associated cmake environment? so I ran:
~/programs/cmake-2.6.4-Linux-i386/bin/cmake ../telemeter-plasmoid
-- Found Qt-Version 4.6.3 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
-- Found X11: /usr/lib64/libX11.so
-- Phonon Version: 4.4.2
-- Found KDE 4.4 include dir: /usr/include
-- Found KDE 4.4 library dir: /usr/lib64
-- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
-- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
CMake Error at /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindOpenSSL.cmake:116
(include):
  include could not find load file:

    /FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:5 (find_package)

ssl libs = /usr/lib64/libssl.so;/usr/lib64/libcrypto.so

doesn't look good :/
for completeness I also tested with kde4.6.0/qt4.7.1, same problem

> You are testing this under Linux, right ?

yes, of course ;)

matthias