Why are KDE includes installed with COMPONENT Devel?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 19 23:50:07 CEST 2011

On 19.06.11 22:51:13, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I noticed that includes in KDE are always installed with COMPONENT Devel.
>
> Does anyone know why? As far as I can tell, the COMPONENT is only relevant
> to CPack, which AFAIK KDE doesn't use.

No, its also usable on the commandline with a make install
CMAKE_INSTALL_COMPONENT=Devel. This could in theory be used to make it
easier to generate binary packages in distro scripts, since there don't
need to be any manual selection of files/folders to fetch only parts of
a full install tree for the -devel package.

For all people just doing a make install it does not matter anyway.

Do you have a problem with the COMPONENT being used?

Andreas