RFC: replacing MacroLogFeature.cmake with FeatureSummary.cmake

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 02:49:50 CEST 2011

On 14/07/2011, at 5:16 AM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> What do you think of this ?
> More wishes ?
> Should it do it in a different way ?

Very nice.  I especially like the PURPOSE concept.

As we discussed before, in connection with use of OpenAL sound
in some games, could it be possible to have grades of requirement
in between REQUIRED and OPTIONAL?  They would not bomb out
the cmake run, but should issue some stronger message that the
requirement was not met than just saying it was "optional".

OTOH, after completion of moves to git, maybe "medium to strong"
requirements of individual apps can be made REQUIRED without
bombing out the cmake run of the "module" to which they belong.
I presume the Superbuild of a "module" can survive the failure of
one of its cmake runs (?).

Cheers, Ian W.