PolKit and KDE4_AUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Feb 21 22:10:37 CET 2011

On Monday 21 February 2011, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 19.02.11 00:29:57, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> >> set(POLKITQT-1_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR "share/polkit-1/actions")
> >>
> >> in polkit-qt-1/PolkitQt-1Config.cmake.in. And, of course, adjust the
> >> warning.
> >
> > And how do I do that if my polkit-qt-1 comes from my distro, but I want
> > my KDE self-built?
>
> No way. Look at this thread: http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-
> buildsystem&m=128172726424982&w=2
>
> I can prepare a patch but I think that it's Alex who should make a
> decision.

The normal way to handle this would be to have a variable
POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR in kdelibs, set via _set_fancy() (i.e. by default it
inherits itsd location from CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, but can be set to any other
value via the cache), store that value from kdelibs into a
KDE4_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR, which will be the default then for anything
using kdelibs, but which can again be changed via the cache.

When I proposed that Dario said it should be different for the policy kit
stuff, so I'd prefer to let him comment on this.