qt_phonon.pri and QMAKESPEC

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Feb 9 21:15:50 CET 2011

On Tuesday 08 February 2011, Michael Jansen wrote:
> Hi
>
> We currently have some problem for people that compile phonon with a distro
> qt. Phonon tries to install a file into the qt prefix. The file is named
> qt_phonon.pri and is according to thiago a sign of things to come namely
> some modularization in qt. But it is not yet there. Which means if it is
> not installed into qt's prefix there is no way to make qmake pick it up.
> QMAKESPEC does not work.
>
> First i would like to have the agreement here that installing things
> outside of the prefix the user picked is wrong so i don't have to much

You mean that phonon would, instead of installing to
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/somewhere/, install the file to QTDIR/plugins/ ?
Yes, I agree this is not good.

> discussion with the maintainer (tried to fix such stuff before). Especially
> since there is currently no way to make it work outside of the qt prefix.
>
> Second i would like to raise awareness there is something that this is
> something that is possibly on the horizon for more kde modules. I have no
> clue what that file is for btw.

Is that what QMAKEPATH is for, i.e. a list of directories where qmake will
search ?

...would be cool of Nokia would spend some effort on adding Symbian support to
cmake, then Qt could switch to it...