Debian multiarch library directories

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Dec 14 18:30:01 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 13 December 2011, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 December 2011 22:20:37 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> > > Thanks, perfect answers :-)
> >
> > Still one more:
> > can you please verify that ${CMAKE_LIBRARY_ARCHITECTURE} contains the
> > tuple, e.g. "i386-linux-gnu" ?
>
> Sure looks like it:
>
> /tmp$ cat CMakeLists.txt && echo "------" && cmake .
> message(${CMAKE_LIBRARY_ARCHITECTURE})
> ------
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU
> -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/lib/ccache/gcc
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/lib/ccache/gcc -- works
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/lib/ccache/c++
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/lib/ccache/c++ -- works
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
> i386-linux-gnu
> -- Configuring done
> -- Generating done
> -- Build files have been written to: /tmp
>
> /Sune

Thanks.

Can you give either the GNUInstallDirs-DebianMultiarch branch from cmake stage
a try, or simply replace the Modules/GNUInstallDirs.cmake in your cmake
installation with the attached one ?

Then run it on a CMakeLists.txt like this:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
include(GNUInstallDirs)
message(STATUS "lib: -${CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR}-")

and it should give "lib/i386-linux-gnu" .

If it does, does that look like a good default as library install dir
(relative to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX) on debian multiarch systems ?