SuperBuild needs kdesdk scripts first

Ian Wadham ianw3 at tpg.com.au
Thu Aug 25 08:22:36 UTC 2011

On 25/08/2011, at 8:35 AM, Valentin Rusu wrote:

> On 08/24/2011 11:58 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>> What is makeobj and where do we use/need it ?
>> Is that used in the script Allen wrote ?
>> Then it's fine, otherwise, AFAIK our cmake files don't use it.
> Ok, I now found out where it's used - and it's only on my workstation.
> I have an
> alias make=makeobj
> somewhere in my profile scripts, setup following Techbase "productivity
> using scripts".

Heh!  Even on my new Macbook running OS X I have in my .profile:

# Use makeobj instead of make, to automatically switch to the build dir.
# If you don't have makeobj, install the package named kdesdk-scripts or
# kdesdk, or check out kdesdk/scripts from svn, or just don't set the alias yet.
# NOT USED # alias make=makeobj

and in function cmakekde { ... }

# If we are in the src folder, change to build directory
# Alternatively, we could just use makeobj in the commands below...

I aways wondered what makeobj was ... :-)

"Old code never dies, it merely fades away!" ... :-)

cs, cb and (to a limited extent) cmakekde are still useful, however.  Thanks
David Faure for many years of happy and successful use ... :-)

Cheers, Ian W.