SuperBuild needs kdesdk scripts first

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 24 22:39:07 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 24 Aug 2011 23:02:51 Valentin Rusu wrote:
> On 08/24/2011 11:42 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Wednesday 24 August 2011, Valentin Rusu wrote:
> >> However, it won't build as this line also needs makeobj.
> >
> > What is makeobj and where do we use/need it ?
>
> Well, I'm afraid I'm not more knowledgeable than you :-)
> However, here is it's header:
>
> # this is a script around make which basicly checks
> # if it's in srcdir or in builddir and changes to
> # the right directory for calling /usr/bin/make

> It currently lives here:
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/scripts/makeobj?view=log

To quote http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Qt#makeobj :

==========

Makeobj is a shell script to assist make.

It is a part of the kdesdk module and, while optional, is strongly recommended
when building KDE modules. If you have kdesdk installed on your system then
this version should be sufficient, but r1215872 is recommended when working
with Git.

To install it download via WebSVN and install into your path somewhere,
preferably ~/.bin. Once you have built kdesdk from source you should then
remove this copy.

You can build without it, you just need to change between your source and
build directories manually, but the easiest option is just to save the script
from svn into you ~/.bin folder.

John.