Buildsystem TODO list

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 23 17:19:33 UTC 2011

"Yury G.  Kudryashov" <urkud.urkud at gmail.com> writes:

> Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
>
> As far as I understand, the proposed scenario for projects with cmake-based
> buildsystem is:
>  * the project itself installs ProjectNameConfig.cmake;
>  * ecm (or cmake) distribute a short FindProject.cmake that calls
> find_package(ProjectName ... NO_MODULE ...)
>
> One of the examples is kdepimlibs.

This could work, but is the second part really necessary? If only
ProjectNameConfig.cmake exists and the application using it does not
have its own FindProjectName.cmake, when it calls
find_package(ProjectName) CMake would find ProjectNameConfig.cmake
anyway.