SuperBuildOptions.cmake location

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Wed Aug 17 16:25:18 UTC 2011

On 08/17/2011 01:24 AM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 August 2011, Valentin Rusu wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > The SuperBuild.cmake file includes a SuperBuildOptions.cmake
> optional file.
>
> > As I understand, this file is intended to hold the settings specific
> to my
>
> > setup, globally. If I put it next to the SuperBuild.cmake file, it won't
>
> > get included. If I put it under some subdirectory (say kdesupport), then
>
> > it gets included. But in this case I should repeat it in every sibling
>
> > subdirectory, and that's error prone IMO. Is this the intended design?
>
> Yes, but, your argument is good.
>
> > If yes, will that be possible to add another include for a global
> options
>
> > file ? If not, well, I already commited a change to the include
> directive
>
> > that get's the SuperBuildOptions.cmake from the main directory where
>
> > SuperBuildcmake sits.
>
> That's ok.
>
> Maybe trying to include both makes sense ?

Yes, good idea!

> include(../SuperBuildOptions.cmake OPTIONAL)
>
> include(SuperBuildOptions.cmake OPTIONAL)
>
> Or should they have different names then ?
>
> Like, e.g. GlobalSuperBuildOptions.cmake ?

I'd go for ProjectSuperBuildOptions.cmake in the project's child
directory and GlobalSuperBuildOptions.cmake in the main directory.
If you agree, I could commit this :

include(../GlobalSuperBuildOptions.cmake OPTIONAL)
include(ProjectSuperBuildOptions.cmake OPTIONAL)

That will leave place to define the per/project SB_ macros described on
the project's page.

--
Valentin Rusu (valir)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)