Are the *Nightly.cmake files still valid?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Aug 15 23:14:45 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 16 August 2011, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> While working on the kdeutils migration to git I was looking at
> KDEUtilsNightly.cmake. Was it ever used by someone?

Yes.

> It mentions KDECTestNightly.cmake in kdesdk, but I couldn't find it there,
> for example.

I moved those file to trunk/quality/ some time ago, and forgot to update the
comment.

> I wonder if I should spend some time adapting it to each application or

In general, yes, it makes sense.
Probably it would be a good idea to try to reduce the code duplication in
these files, now that we got so many git repositories.
Like, I suggested in a previous mail, try to adapting it so that only one or
two variables have to be set and then a "template" file can be included:

set(GIT_URL git://... )
set(NAME Okteta)
include(GenericKDENightlyScript.cmake)