openssl cmake module

matthias sweertvaegher matthias.sweertvaegher at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:50:31 CEST 2011

Hi Raphael

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito at gmail.com> wrote:
> matthias sweertvaegher <matthias.sweertvaegher at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> so, could someone please have a look at that? I am trying to provide a
>> package for my plasmoid on the opensuse build service but I fail due
>> to this linking problem with openssl. Or maybe I am trying to do
>> something in the wrong way? Why does nobody else have this problem..?
>>
>> Feel free to comment on my build file which can be found here:
>> http://gitorious.org/telemeter-plasmoid/telemeter-plasmoid/blobs/master/CMakeLists.txt
>
> I was able to clone and build it just fine here on FreeBSD.

that's an interesting finding... thanks for trying out the build!

> By taking a quick look at the diff output between KDE's
> FindOpenSSL.cmake and CMake's FindOpenSSL.cmake, the only relevant
> difference I can see is that CMake's FindOpenSSL.cmake also looks for
> libcrypto besides libssl.

that's indeed what I found out but I'm puzzled how you can build my
plasmoid without having the libcrypto linked in.. actually i make
cmake output the openssl libraries like this:
ssl libs = /usr/lib64/libssl.so;/usr/lib64/libcrypto.so

Can you check if it outputs both libraries in your build environment?
When I use the KDE FindOpenSSL module I only get the libssl and not
libcrypto. That explains why it does not build on my (suse) system
unless I remove the KDE version.
Or maybe the kde file does not take precedence over the system (cmake)
file in your case? Where would this order of module directories be
defined?

greets
matthias