Fwd: Re: Update FindFFmpeg to find/search for libswscale

Andreas Scherf ascherfy at googlemail.com
Wed May 26 20:56:26 CEST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 26. Mai 2010 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> On Wednesday 26 May 2010, Andreas Scherf wrote:
> > Hi Alexander,
> > i want the best solution! A private copy is hard to maintain. I think a
> > single solution for finding ffmpeg is the best solution.
>
> Please keep kde-buildsystem on CC.
Ok, but i am not subscibed to this list ..
> A private copy is to maintain, but it is a magnitude easier to maintain
> than a shared, installed file.
> An installed file needs to keep source compatibility for all of KDE 4.x.
> A private copy doesn't have to care about source compatibility as long as
> the project where it is used works.
You are the expert for this. If you think, it is better to have a local copy
inside kdemultimedia the it should be so. If not we should have one for kde.
I'll accept your or any other decision.

> > > This is a modified version of the file from kdesupport, right ?
> > > If so, can you please post it as a patch ?
The cmake file is from
http://www.openlibraries.org/browser/trunk/FindFFMPEG.cmake
And i think it looks ok. Or? Keep in mind that i am not an expert in writing
cmake scripts. This is my second project with cmake so i have to learn some
things.

> So ... ?
>
> Alex
Andreas