Fwd: Re: Update FindFFmpeg to find/search for libswscale

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed May 26 20:26:12 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 26 May 2010, Andreas Scherf wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
> i want the best solution! A private copy is hard to maintain. I think a
> single solution for finding ffmpeg is the best solution.

Please keep kde-buildsystem on CC.

A private copy is to maintain, but it is a magnitude easier to maintain than a
shared, installed file.
An installed file needs to keep source compatibility for all of KDE 4.x.
A private copy doesn't have to care about source compatibility as long as the
project where it is used works.

> > This is a modified version of the file from kdesupport, right ?
> > If so, can you please post it as a patch ?

So ... ?