Proposal to change kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindGettext.cmake

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu May 20 21:24:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

on Thursday 20 May 2010 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Thursday 20 May 2010, you wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > we - the KMyMoney team - ran into a problem with the current switch to
> > cmake 2.6.4 and the tarballs generated by the createtarball script.
> >
> > The problem is, that of cmake 2.6.4 no duplicate targets are allowed w/o
> > turning off policy CMP0002. Turning off the policy could serve a
> > work-around on a per project basis, but a cleaner solution would be to
> > fix FindGettext.cmake.
>
> In FindKDE4Internal.cmake CMP0002 is set to OLD.
> Somehow you seem to be setting it to NEW or WARN again.
> Do you maybe have a cmake_minimum_required(VERSION ... ) somewhere after
> find_package(KDE4) ?

No (at least I don't see it). We have

  CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.6.4)
  cmake_policy(SET CMP0002 OLD)
  FIND_PACKAGE(KDE4 REQUIRED)

in that order (with some other unrelated stuff in between). It used to work
with

  CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.6)
  FIND_PACKAGE(KDE4 REQUIRED)

(w/o our own cmake_policy statement), but we require cmake 2.6.4 in order to
use "find_package(KdepimLibs REQUIRED)" successfully (at least from what I
found out).

So I though I add that version as the minimum requirement to help
packagers/developers but that started causing the problems with the
translations.

> > The proposed solution is to add an underscore and the language code for
> > the generation of the 'pofiles' target, so that it becomes e.g.
> > 'pofiles_de' for German and 'pofiles_fr' for French.
>
> Sounds good, will check the details...

Let me know what you think about it. Looks like it is a solution that no only
fits for our project.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

Vista is the abrreviation of
'Viruses, Instability, Spyware, Trojans, Adware'...