/usr/local/include in _KDE4_PLATFORM_INCLUDES on FreeBSD?

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Mon May 10 04:52:54 CEST 2010

Hey there,

I was trying to update kdelibs today on FreeBSD and noticed nepomuk kept
failing to compile because some methods were not found in Soprano.

It turns out kdelibs/nepomuk/query/CMakeLists.txt's include_directories() call
put KDE4_KDECORE_INCLUDES before SOPRANO_INCLUDE_DIR, so my system-wide
Soprano headers (in /usr/local/include) were being used instead of my trunk
Soprano headers in $HOME/kde4/include.

Apparently, /usr/local/include was coming from _KDE4_PLATFORM_INCLUDE_DIRS.

If _KDE4_PLATFORM_INCLUDE_DIRS doesn't include /usr/local/lib, I know I'll
need to set CPATH to it before calling gcc, otherwise it won't be searched by
default. However, if it is set the way it currently is, there's a high chance
my system-wide headers will end up being included before my local ones in many
other places.

What would be the best solution to this problem?

Cheers,
Raphael